About | Games | Output
Hello, my name is Steven. I live in Cambridge and I've helped make video games for the last 15 years. I have worked at the following companies:
- Technical Fellow & Developer Technology Architect, Advanced Micro Devices (2016-Present)
- Principal Programmer, Advanced Technology Group (ATG), Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (2010-2016)
- Graphics Programmer, Core Technologies Group, Bizarre Creations (2009-2010)
- Technology Programmer, Juice Games (2007-2009)
- Tools Programmer, Slitherine Software (2005-2006)
I have a 1:1 degree in Computer-science-type stuff. I am a programmer who is more at home writing assembly language, but also cares about UX/UI and has a weird love for C#.
I tinker with hardware design in my spare time on my FPGA.
You can email me at firstname[dot]lastname[at]outlook.com.
I am credited for my work on the following games (that I know about):
- Ghost Recon: Breakpoint (PC)
- Total War: Warhammer (PC)
- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)
- Everybody's Gone to Rapture (PC)
- The Order: 1886 (PS4)
- Destiny (PS3, PS4)
- DRIVECLUB (PS4)
- Fat Princess Adventures (PS4)
- inFamous: First Light (PS4)
- The Last of Us: Remastered (PS4)
- inFamous: Second Son (PS4)
- Tearaway (PSVita)
- Knack (PS4)
- Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4)
- Killzone: Mercenaries (PSVita)
- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PSVita, PS3)
- When Vikings Attack (PSVita, PS3)
- Little Big Planet PSVita (PSVita)
- MLB: The Show 12 (PSVita)
- Resistance: Burning Skies (PSVita)
- Modnation Racers (PSVita)
- Motostorm RC (PS3)
- Everybody's Golf (PSVita)
- Unit13 (PSVita)
- Super Stardust Delta (PSVita)
- Gravity Rush (PSVita)
- WipeOut 2048 (PSVita)
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss (PSVita)
- [Cancelled] Unannounced Project (Unannounced)
- James Bond 007: Blood Stone (PC, PS3, XBox360)
- Blur (PC, PS3, XBox360)
- [Cancelled] Stormbirds (PC, PS3, XBox360)
- The History Channel: Great Battles of Rome (PC, PS2, PSP)
- Legion Arena: Gold Edition (PC)
- Legion Arena: Cult of Mithras (PC)
- Legion Arena (PC, Macintosh)
I spoke or wrote awkwardly on the following occasions:
- Speaker, Closed Event, Virtual, September 2021.
- Speaker, Closed Event, Virtual, July 2021.
- Speaker, Closed Event, Kiev, August 2019.
Speaker, GDC, San Francisco, March 2020.
- Speaker, "Vulkan Memory Management", Vulkanized, Cambridge, May 2018.
- Panelist, Closed Event, Tokyo, July 2015.
- Speaker, Closed Event, London, May 2015.
- Panelist, Closed Event, San Diego, CA, May 2015.
- Panelist, Closed Event, Tokyo, September 2014.
- Speaker, Closed Event, London, July 2014.
- Speaker, Closed Event, Los Angeles, CA, June 2014.
- Speaker, Closed Event, San Francisco, CA, March 2014.
- Speaker, Closed Event, London, July 2011.
- Speaker, Closed Event, Redwood Shores, CA, June 2011.
- Co-Speaker, SPU-Assisted Rendering in Horizon, Develop Conference, Brighton, July 2010.
- Co-Author, Parallelized Light-Pre Pass Rendering with the Cell Broadband Engine, GPU Pro: Advanced Rendering Techniques, May 2010.
- Author, Techniques for Effective Vertex and Fragment Shading on the SPUs, Game Programming Gems 8, Charles River Media, March 2010.
- Co-Speaker, A Bizarre Way to do Real-Time Lighting, Develop North, November 2009.
- Author, Visually Appealing Procedural Dispersal of Smoke Clouds and other Gaseous Phenomena, 5th Annual International Games Design and Technology Workshop, 2007.
- Author, Rapid Shader Development, Dissertation, Liverpool JM University, April 2007.
- Speaker, Rapid Shader Development, Liverpool JM University, January 2007.